Thursday, February 21, 2008

Change

So today I went in to get my hair cut, and for me that accounts for a drastic change. I have had the same look for about five years, and when I saw my hair falling to the floor, my stomach actually hurt. So it got me to thinking about change.
When is it okay to change?
When are we called to change?

Paul writes in his letter to Corinth of what it means to die, and what is going to happen to our bodies. Which seems to be a very morbid tone, but he exults it as an amazing experience. Saying that with the twinkle of an eye, everything is going to change. Everything is going to change, completely we are going to be lifted up to inherit the kingdom of heaven. Everything will change...
So when is change in our lives here on earth called for? I think it is something that God calls us to do while we are maturing in our faith. He takes us as we are and changes us, shapes us, and molds us to vessels He can use. So change should be welcomed. Everyday we should be looking for things to change in our hearts and our minds. Recently I have been dealing with the idea of dating and finding my husband, because lets be honest... Baylor loves to make people feel that way. But for the first time in my life God has changed my heart. Changed the way I look at the whole process, and has called me to embrace my single life. With this change I am able to fill my thoughts with new ideas and global issues rather than meaningless drama that follows the dating games. I am trying to look at men as brothers of Christ rather than just a face or body. Looking into hearts and seeing others as Jesus saw people. Change is so important to our growth as Christians, and we should be welcoming it with open arms. It is the only way to truly be a follower.

1Corinthians 15:58
58With all this going for us, my dear, dear friends, stand your ground. And don't hold back. Throw yourselves into the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for him is a waste of time or effort.

I loved this verse, because I feel that it holds the essence of the church movement right now. We are to "throw ourselves into the work of our Master." Now what a better way to call for change than that. Knowing nothing you do for Him is a waste of time or effort. Right now it is so exciting to be a Christian because of the election and the movement within the church. The feeling of change is omnipresent. God is calling us to change. Change how we "do church." Change how we interact with one another. And change what we are pouring our lives into. The world is feeling the calling, and responding in a very evident way. I am so excited to take part in the change, and see how much we can truly help the world. For us to change though, we have to be open to it, and ready to see what God has in store for us. Because trust me, it is going to be amazing!!

Love is the only way,
Meg

No comments: